View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2009, 5:55 AM
The good old days are now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
That yellow wall is interesting to say the least ....
That's just insulation. At least that will be covered up using that Grey-metallic coloured material on the corner in the 3rd picture. The best part of the building by far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammo View Post
wow, i think the Louis-Bohème in montreal looks great.
we're full up to our ears with glass boxes in t.o. and i'd love a matte black/graphite building here. what's the paneling material? engineered 'stone', stucco panel?
I believe that they are prefabricated concrete panels dyed "black" (if you want to call it that). Similar to what was used on the 400 Sherbrooke Ouest. Prefab panels are the big fad here lately. At least it's not the usual beige colour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacamano View Post
^I disagree. Loved the rendering but the finished product so far ...mind you still a lot of cladding to go up ... looks like crap ... and if there is one thing Montreal doesn't need more of is sheer 20 storey walls of precast!

Oh well, if it wasn't for this one the tallest u/c in Montreal would be around 10 storeys.
Most of us in Montreal are quite disappointed with the result... But it is the only tall building going up in the city...

The second tallest U/C in Montreal is going to be 15 floors I believe (on a streetcorner with glass 25+ storey office buildings). It also takes up a quarter of an empty lot. It's not much prettier:

(photo: cprail, Mtlurb.com)

(photo: francely57)