View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2014, 3:44 PM
I am a typical

Thanks for the comments, guys!

I didn't want to make this another "Look at the same 2sqkm area of downtown Vancouver" thread, but unfortunately I only got two decent days to take photos. Tuesday was when I arrived, Wednesday and Thursday were beautiful, but then Friday was rainy. Saturday the 28th was apparently the worst September rainstorm the city had gotten in a long time, I had the fortune of getting caught outside in it.

The one thing I do regret is that, in spite of the rain, I didn't take any photos of Langley, Richmond or Coquitlam when I went to those places. (I went to all of Metro Vancouver's Chapters locations looking for the now discontinued MapArt city plans series, if you're wondering why I bothered to go to those places. Got a really good haul, too! Maps of San Francisco and Manhattan which I've wanted since I was a teenager.) Port Moody looked kind of nice from the B-Line but since it was raining I didn't walk around much. I did try Taco Bell in Coquitlam. My sympathies to anyone who eats food at that horrible, horrible place. It was like puke in a pita.

Needless to say, had it been sunny the entire time we wouldn't be seeing this photos for a couple years at the rate at which I was able to process them. The D7000 produces better results even though I am doing the exact same thing as I did with the D70 so future visits won't have such a delay.