View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Just have to say the last little bit has given me some new perspective on the traffic on the Perimeter and the volumes seems crazy on all fronts. The west side, especially between Portage and McGillivray is nuts. The north between Pipeline and Lag had be taking reroutes through the city and the south around St Mary's is bad but pales to the other two. I haven't been over on the east recently to see what it is like near Gunn Rd but last time I was it was just scary.

Pretty much the Perimeter as a whole is nearing a point where something needs to be done and not just on the south from Kennaston to Lag.
No shocker there. It's a 1966 road operating in a 2018 world. Nothing has changed with the Perimeter in the last 50+ years except for completing the NE segment and building 5 interchanges. Meanwhile population and traffic counts have soared. It would be interesting to get a traffic engineer's perspective on the deficiencies with the Perimeter relative to current standards. I bet there would be many.