View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 6:32 PM
Jubilee on the Bay !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
Wrong. It means EVERYTHING to an area that wants investment, corporate growth and connectivity to the outside world. Look, since you like to be so dismissive, chew on this:

Mobile - 21 Daily flights / 575,000 annual passengers

Pensacola - 58 Daily flights / 1.4 million passengers

Why? For two areas that are roughly the same metro populations, clearly something else is at play here.

Montgomery has very crappy service, perhaps even worse than Mobile. Baton Rouge, on the other hand, has service that other areas of similar size would love to have. Apples to oranges.

My point was something I have always wondered about - why do two neighboring metros of very similar size have such wild differences in the quality/quantity of thier respective airports and air service.

Biloxi`s airport does more flights than Mobile`s as well and it all boils down to one word my friend ---- Price !!!

Mobile`s prices are rediculous !! There are several Mobilians who will travel that 45 minute commute to P-cola for a flight. My girl friend and her mom flew out of P-cola for the inaguration last week and that 45 minute or even 35 minute drive isn`t bad for the prices and Biloxi is 30 minutes away as well.