View Single Post
Old Posted May 22, 2013, 3:35 AM
She needs her space

^^^Yes, and fflint, totally meant supes versus planners...I get everyone on the public side confused. Thanks for the clarification.

Honestly, I wish someone with development experience in both cities could compare SF to NYC. In my 5 months here, I have heard some of the most trivial arguments against proposals for fully entitled lots. Shadows. Wind tunnels. Blocked views (well I have heard that from richies in every city I have been in). List goes on and on and on.

To me, if the supes grant entitlements for a lot, then aside from legitimate design issues there should not be this much pain for stakeholders and the county's largest taxpayers to further boost the tax rolls. It's hard enough getting entitlements...but then the fight to actually build something is FAR from over. The legal hurdles for developers looking for ways to contribute to supes'/politicians' pet charities and indirectly to their campaigns is atrocious, all so they can boost their chances or their timetable for development so they lose less money while sitting on their incredibly expensive entitled lot, which is waiting for development/redevelopment.