View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2013, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post
There must be others in the county, but the only 2-digit addresses I can think of within the city limits are in Venice, close to the beach. Some private streets, such as Berkeley Square, had their own 2-digit systems. This house doesn't appear to be in Venice, and I know it's not Berkeley Square. Could it be Hollywood before the annexations 1909-1915, which resulted in many address realignments and street-name changes? Could be in any number of towns in SoCal. Santa Monica? Pasadena? sopas, are you there to give us a little insight into address numbering in your vicinity?

I ran across the following link, which at first glance appeared to be the definitive story on L.A. address history, and maybe it is, but then it went off into quadrants and azimuths, nipple streets and parent streets... so I really only scanned it--but you might find something here:

http://libraries.maine.edu/Spatial/g...s/gi94040.html
sopas might be the better one to answer this,but i use to live on the boarder of south pas/alhambra/el sereno over on maycrest and huntington(way up at the end of maycrest).but on the alhambra side of huntington(right at main street),it seems that if you are going towards south pasadena on main in alhambra they go into two digit addresses (to make it simple start at the walgreens on main and fremont..head towards huntington)hope this might help.