View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 15, 2010, 4:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
I can accept 3 months, but anymore is just getting stupid.
I'd agree with the spirit of that comment - and at the same time would reiterate that this is what is being proposed by Naheed also as being a required compromise to make things work. I think the discussion got away from three months, which was not suggested in the first place.

Fact is, navigating all complex situations and scenarios is not about yes and no answers, but about being thoughtful about the underlying issues, and then navigating a solution that, yes involves some compromises, but at the same time deals with the biggest issues stopping the city from getting to where it needs to be. Remember also that some of these complex scenarios are interrelated to other 'planks'. This is a good example where the tunnel is connected to public transportation in general - and the navigated solutions we demand must be thoughtful enough to take considerations like public transportation into account.

BTW - given how much we've seen Naheed engage people, if there are refinements that can improve the proposal, he'd certainly be willing to listen. We have to give him credit either way though, as at least he is proposing thoughtful solutions. He's way ahead of the curve in my books.