View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 23, 2010, 4:34 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusili View Post
OK, I challenge you to find anywhere to as many shops within a 5 minute walk that I have anywhere in the city:

Coffee Shops: Bumpys, Beano, Chiasso, Kawa, Good Earth, Steeps, 2 Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Second Cup, Cafe Espresso, new Coffee shop on 17th and 9A (forgot the name)
Breakfast Places: Nellies (2), Red's, Galaxy Diner, new Grill place by MEC
Fast Food: Dairy Queen, Big John's Pizza, Opa, Pizza 73, Dominos, Kim Ahn, Thai Tai, Tarboosh, Bite Me, Edo, Subway, Quiznos, Fat Tonis, Mirchi (awesome)
Grocery/Drug Stores: Shoppers, Safeway, London Drugs (Co-op is just outside a 5 min walk), Kalamata
Liquor/Wine Stores: Ferocious Grape, Liquor Depot, Liquor Barn, new wine store in Mount Royal (Co-op again just outside a 5 minute walk)
Restaurants: Where to start? BPs, Golden Bell, Kings Chinese, Coop, Sushi places (2), Farm, King and I, Gnoccis, Bonterra, Buon Giorno, Manies, Brava, Living Room, Fiore, Una, Palace of Eats (I am forgetting several)
Bars/Pubs: Classic Jacks, Met, Melrose, Ship and Anchor, Mercury, Local 510, Brewsters, Yardhouse
Hairdressers: At least 5.
Clothing Stores: More than 20
Ski shops: 4.

Look, I am not low balling. I like this much choice. Nowhere in the suburbs has anywhere close to as many amenities within walking distance as I currently have. And even then, I want more than I have already. It is not a myth. No suburb in Calgary, or anywhere else for that matter, would have this amount of stores, ever. Otherwise it wouldn't be a suburb.

So yes, nowhere outside of the inner city can have tons of shops within a 5 minute walk. Not even close.

EDIT- I forgot to mention Ric's Grill. And that is technically 0 metres from my place, because it is in the same building.
Also forgot to mention that all these amenities are within 600m of my condo. According to the map you provided earlier of your place, you have exactly zero amenities within 600m of your house.
Any residence within 5 minutes of chinook centre.