View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2012, 4:21 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Yeah, but I bet I know what you were thinking Future Mayor, particularly with regard to the Salt Palace. I totally understand your frustration. I'm going to have to take the same stance and delete what I was in the process of writiing. Let's just say this...There have been innumerable, very plausible, attractive proposals from members of this forum on creatively developing the properties such as 2nd West and Japantown, without tearing down the Salt Palace. If you haven't kept up with or read past posts, please do so.

The only point I can fully agree with regarding the Salt Palace demolition without laughing is Project's comment that there should be an effort to take the Palace upward. I would enthusiastically support that concept in appropriate areas, along with the addition of a Hotel Tower and more exibition space at the Postal Block.

I would like to see the demolition of the Plaza and the Shilo. However, the only reason I can wait patiently for their demolition is because I agree that if push came to shove, I would rather see some of those west side parking lots filled in first. I do think the LDS Church will probably begin development of their parking lots on So. Temple before they consider redeveloping the Plaza property.
There is no development idea in the world that can get around the fact that the salt palace is a huge baracade... There is nor reason that it couldn't have been moved a few blocks west... They would have had a lot more room still been close to town... And we would have our streets back... The area between CCC and gateway would have a nice flow and would be a lot better then it is with the thing there