View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 26, 2016, 9:21 PM
Beer Stampede

Sorry, I'm a tad bit late to this party!! A big thumbs up to 007 for an awesome showcase!! I've seen the best and the worst of this town in the 40 some odd years that I've been here. Fortunately, the worst days are hopefully behind us, permanently. While there are many businesses that committed to keeping downtown alive during the 80s and 90s, I believe that it was the building of the Sprint Center in the late 2000s that paved the way for the massive overhaul that is taking place. New construction for various residential/hotel is now possible, since most of the older smaller buildings have been swiped up. Even the commercial skyscrapers, such as the 911 Commerce Tower, Traders on Grand, and the old P&L Building are now being re-purposed for mixed residential use. The Streetcar, which finally opened up a couple of months ago is looking to be a success and talk is underway to extend it beyond downtown. Downtown Kansas City, while still has a ways to go, is starting to look like the city I always desired it to be..a 24 hour hour, active, happy downtown!!!