View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2008, 5:14 AM
Pro Urban Degenerate

I am not saying that they are perfect but they are quite good. I am an experienced financial analyst. I don't have the time right now to do a full analysis but you should presume that I am close to being right.

As someone that could potentially look into doing an MBA one day I have to be honest I would never want to go to Burlington. I like the CBD as the place to conduct business and would want the same environment for my school. All amenities are close and there are synergies with other businesses located close. The business parks are for poor lazy overweight 905ers. They are grossly spread out and difficult to conduct business efficiently. The space is usually terrible and I enjoy commuting to work on rapid transit. I enjoy going to the gym in my building at lunch. The food within close proximity is high end. Nothing in this world could possibly convince me that a suburban business park could offer anywhere near as many amenities as downtown Toronto. I cringe thinking about making trips to the business parks. They are so depressing.

What needs to be done is locate the school in the downtown of Hamilton and run an efficient train service between the cities. Build a solid downtown corporate base using the school as the center.