View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 20, 2009, 5:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Then you will find Spuzzum the most charming place on earth

Anyways, this looks like a good development, but I was hoping for an expanded hospital.

Also, I hope this does not mean the end of yet another industrial area. When this project is done, I would like to see some manufacturing plants built on the other side of the Skytrain so the people in those towers can have somewhere to work close by (that is decent pay).

but this project does look cool, but i do hope they plan to help fix the roads in that area instead of just dumping a big development in the worse traffic zone (due to poor road design) in the metro.
I would suspect that considering these are primarily small condos right next to a SkyTrain, traffic won't increase substantially. Same story as Collingwood Village.

Without getting into a tangent, I believe (and I could be completely off here) that the market forces that are creating a "shortage" of industrial land are proving that we are finally making the shift to the knowledge economy. In the coming age, we won't need that many manufacturers or warehouses, but more offices and live/work spaces instead.

Anyways, wonderful development. It's just stellar!