View Single Post
Old Posted May 26, 2015, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkahHigh View Post
Hi,

I don't study at McGill but I also study downtown and know the area well. There is good student housing around the university (Sherbrooke Street), on-campus residences or in the Milton-Park area nearby which are affordable for students. Around there you would be close to McGill Metro station. Lots of cafés around, and not far from the nightlife area (Peel/Crescent/Bishop Streets). So pretty much the area you should look for is between McGill College Avenue and Park Avenue, just South of the Mount Royal.

One thing also, if you are worried about limited french knowledge, please don't. Everybody in downtown is bilingual, so you will get around easily.

Hope I helped!
Thanks for the advice! It was one area I had stumbled upon already, looks like it would be a good fit. I'll focus my efforts centred around there for my apartment searching. And thanks for the note on languages, I was aware that the city centre was largely bilingual; still will be nice to get some better exposure to French (easier than out West at least )

I appreciate the help!