View Single Post
Old Posted May 26, 2015, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexiQuebecois View Post
Welcome!

I'd recommend to try and use Padmapper to narrow down your apartment search. It will be pretty easy to find an apartment here. Are you coming a few weeks before your program starts? Moving day in Montreal is July 1st; that's when most leases expire and renew, but there are always apartments available throughout the year.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Let us know if you have more (specific) questions and we can all help out.
Thanks! I was unfamiliar with this site, this looks brilliant, I'll poke around.

I plan to come early either late July or mid-August (program starts September). I have heard of this July 1st moving day; so far it seems there is plenty of availability regardless (benefit of such a big city I guess). How does that work?

Cost isn't such a concern for me (benefit of going back to school as a professional), so I don't mind paying a month of extra rent for July even if I am not there, if that is required to secure a good spot. But I won't if I don't have to. Any thoughts? If I look in July for an August lease is that a feasible thing to do?

Appreciate the feedback, can't wait to get there!