View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 10:34 PM
Meh

I actually like the orientation of this. If the broadside of the building had been facing east we'd have a slab blocking much of the view of downtown from I-35 and the east. It's still going to be a large wall when viewed from north and south along I-35, but at least the most interesting part of the tower will be facing east and west.

Also it's not even going to show up from a few spots actually. Only the spire will be visible from the Butler Park observation hill because Four Seasons Residences will block it. But it should be visible from the Long Center and its parking garage. From the boardwalk, you'll likely only see it from the beginning of the boardwalk. And you probably won't see it again from the boardwalk until you're east of I-35 because of all the waterfront highrises. It's also going to be blocked by Four Seasons Residences from those parking garages on Mopac. And you won't see much of it from the Zilker Clubhouse because of Block 1, Ashton and One Congress Plaza. The view from Zilker Park will be slim between One Congress Plaza and Four Seasons Residences.

Nice tip, AusTxDevelopment! I'll have to remember that. There have been several times I wished I could grab a larger file size from the Business Journal.