View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMancuso View Post
I LOL'ed at this thread. I have arkansas roots; maternal grandmother born and raised in north little rock and actually had relatives named 'hippy and 'humpy' and I would imagine they were the country type with dogs under the porch and a house full of collectable dinner plates from QVC.

do kinda agree with some comments above; perhaps replacing Arkansas with russellville. still, quality thread.
Seconded.

First off photolitherland... it's a wonderful photo thread because it represents some real Arkansas living their day-to-day lives. So that is much appreciated. But like Michigan, or Texas, or California or anywhere else... these people represent one sliver of the population of Arkansas. The thread title that you posted is suggestive that this somehow the "norm" for the entire state. Hopefully most forumers here know better, but I would hate to think that someone unfamiliar with Arkansas or the Southern United States stumbles across these images, and it burns into their brain as "the way we live". I am from Benton (near Little Rock) and can honestly say that I don't share too much in common with these people in your photos. I'm not white, I don't own ANY confederate flags, and have never lived in a trailer park.

So thank you for depicting the lives of approximately 50 Arkansans (out of a state that is nearing 3 million) in this artful, yet narrowly-focused thread.

For politics, check out my blog Texas Leftist