View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownpdx View Post
Glad to hear this as your perspective coming back from out of town. I think that despite all the negative headlines, the more people are able to see progress with their own eyes, the more they'll return to the Pearl/ Downtown, and we will finally see a turnaround. The media, especially conservative outlets, love to trash our city and while it's not all totally off base, i think most reasonable people aren't going to cancel a trip here because they really think it's on fire. We have a steep hill to climb to get a truly healthy city center again, but my recent visits have been positive in the area around Powell's, West End, north park blocks, etc. I was kind of astonished how few tents I saw and how many people were out.
I totally agree that conservative media is pumping negative propaganda and people are buying into it. I do have some sour feelings that camps are getting sweeped, as those people don’t have housing or shelter beds to go to. Those people are just being shuffled to other areas in town.