View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2007, 3:50 AM
Long-Time Californian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
@ Imperar

Thanks for responding. I too can apologize for maybe taking it a bit too personal. I was a bit taken back when i read the post.

When I first started doing the cityscapes they were more industrial and dark looking, and were merely a type of art. The later pictures have changed to more bright looking city scenes. I've been wanting to do cityscapes that are more utopian style, but part of the problem is it is more difficult to do the cityscapes with the greenery.
To be honest I haven't found a good way to incorpoarte trees, etc.. into the cityscapes.

As far as future designs. I've have been wanting to do cityscapes with more imaginative architecture. The current scapes are basically boxes and basic looking buildings. The thought was more into the numbers of buildings and the size of the cityscape.
I'm open to ideas of buildings to make. If someone wants to send me a conceptual picture of a building or city, I can take a stab at it.

You had mentioned the blurriness of the pictures. This has been brought up by others, and all I can say is that future pictures will be less blurry. Some of the earlier images were made with a different program, and in trying to create depth I added in some haze, and in the end it made the pictures blurry.
Newer ones will have a bit of haze, but I'll be going more for clarity and color.

I actually haven't taken any architecture or graphic design, and that's probably why the images lack for certain things.

We'll see what the future images are like. I'll be getting a new workstation with 3D Studio max soon. I'll have alot more horsepower so hopefully I can do some better stuff.
First time for me posting in this area of skscrapper... imperils comments were so flippant and negative that I immediately assumed he was joking. Those are some awesome renderings! I wanted to know what program those were done in... I have never heard of the ones cited. Anyway, good job!!!!