View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 7, 2016, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docere View Post
I think Paris had something like 350,000 Jews at some point, not surprised it's dropped off a bit.
Well I am being surpised and disturbed, eh. I got to tell everyone here, this is a bad sign at the moment.

For World War 2 taught us about something. When the Jewish community feels happy, we're all good. It's an evidence that our society does fine and balanced.

Remember how devastated Germany was by the 1929 crash, more affected than any other country in the world in the early 1930s, cause I believe their economy was already mostly relying on their exportations that totally collapsed. They had a 30% unemployment rate and even a chimpanzee would've laughed at their currency back then. Like they needed billions of Deutsche Marks to buy a pound of apples and a bit of butter. An amazing disaster that drove them panic stricken. They were just dying from the economic crash. Then you see what happened...

It seems the Jews are quite often taken as convenient "whipping boys" or "scapegoats", whatever they call it in English. It's always such an easy, ugly cowardly thing to martyr a minority, whether it would be ethnic or religious.

That's why most of us are kind of worried when we hear the Jews, no matter how actually Jewish they would be, say they feel unsafe and almost like strangers here today.
This is quite a bit insane when you think about it, and we're going to do something about that.