View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Yep. I would prefer for it to be glass curtain wall all around. However, I think it's important to get a real idea of what this building would look like if completed
Agreed. The renderings that have been released are done with a virtual camera positioned arbitrarily inside a computer. And I'm guessing the virtual camera is using an extreme wide angle "lens". It would be better to see some renderings in-context... from more human viewpoints.

Quote:
In general it is true that if something is not visible there is no point in worrying about aesthetics over basic functionality.
In general... yes... but we're talking about a building here... not a sewer pipes. I'd like to see a design that's a little more thoughtful. There's a new rendering in the Herald today showing the wavy curtain wall. This part of the tower will be clearly visible from the street as there is no setback in the back. It's not a pretty view. I'm not a fan of their wavy window idea. Personally.

Quote:
The Roy Building is not the greatest architecture but I think there's value in preserving it simply as a piece of the city's past, and the fact that somebody is proposing this kind of development proves that it is feasible.
But they're not preserving it. The plan is to completely demolish it and build a REPLICA! That's just bizarre.

Last edited by Takeo; Jul 11, 2008 at 1:52 PM.