View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 10:47 AM

Korean's entities as major property developers in Los Angeles would be a big under statement. Just a couple of thoughts on the Korean influence here. In Central and Downtown Los Angeles, Korean capital is huge. It permeates almost everything, and is second only to the Anglo and Latin cultures. On my 4 to 5 day a week power walks through the different neighborhoods of Central & Downtown Los Angeles, I encounter as many or more fellow Korean exercise enthusiasts as any ethnicity. Same with the gym. One of Central and Downtown Los Angeles biggest saving graces, is the huge and constant infusion of Korean Capital. Many neighborhoods, including my own are experiencing major comebacks because of Korean gentrification. In my side job of property management, my bosses have always been Korean, and I absolutely love working for them. In fact, later today I will have a house full of my extended Korean family, here on their semi annual sojourn. They live for now in Seoul, but own property in Houston, Hawaii, and L.A. As with many nations, Los Angeles is the go to capital for those who can afford it, and want a safe haven for their money and also a home to escape to, if troubled times arrive in their homeland. Angelino's often jest that Los Angeles is South Korea's second capital.