View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 23, 2008, 5:21 PM
World Machine

Well I'm pretty much into common sense, and to say the ESB has not aged well strikes me as rather puzzled and in a sense, taken back. To say the limestone has turned into a 'concrete' state makes no sense to me. The materials have not been subjected to weather conditions that would prompt the limestone to deteriorate.

Perhaps, if you haven’t already, you should make a trip to Manhattan and see the building first hand. While it’s been said reality differs from a photo, in the regard of the ESB, I can tell you first hand what you see is what you get, and in no sense would I say the façade has a ‘concrete’ look to it.

While you may have your own opinion, the architectural world would indeed disagree with it from a large stance. The Empire State Building can be considered the American staple of Art-Deco architecture.

I must say never in my life have I come across someone who thinks the ESB has not aged well. While you say the so called condition of the ESB in regards to age is ‘unusual’ that is also what I would consider your viewpoint; unusual.

Just simply throwing my two cents in.