View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 25, 2017, 6:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexpress69 View Post
I can never accuse AT&T of building anything that's pleasing to the eye, but the Longlines building that they built for Downtown Kansas City is especially hidious. While I concede that it's a functional building and never meant for looks, they picked a piss poor spot. I personally nicknamed this one "The Sore Thumb" of downtown K.C. because that's exactly how it sticks out!! Built in 1973, you would have thought it was built in the 40s. The inside lobby is just as hidious..dark, depressing, and downright scary!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AT...as_City_MO.jpg

{{Information |Description={{en|1=AT&T Longlines Building, 1425 Oak Street, Kansas City, Missouri}} |Source=Photo by author |Author=User:Charvex |Date=18 July 2008 |Permission=Public domain |other_versions= }} {{ImageUpload|full}} [[Category:Kanss City,

(This is the first time I have ever used someone else's picture so I hope that I did it right)
Aren't the ATT buildings just filled with switching equipment, servers etc.? No need for windows really. That ATT building in downtown L.A. that has the big microwave tower on top is quite ugly. So is the old 43 story Crocker bank tower on 6th street that later had an ATT logo on it. The worst part is the big concrete wall on one side facing the freeway. Always thought there should be a mural on it.