View Single Post
Old Posted May 29, 2014, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
First great thread and photos. Second I think everything in Cherry Creek is 100% good for downtown and Denver as a whole. In a couple generations I believe Cherry Creek will be part of downtown Denver for all intents and purposes. There is no reason Downtown can't connect itself to Cherry Creek and just consider it its shopping district. For that to work a light rail or trolley (or subway which won't happen - but you never know.. you could pop the top off of Speer a la Los Angeles and put a line under the street I suppose). But I also believe some sort of rail transit there is only a matter of time too.

There really isn't any reason to try to duplicate what CC has Downtown.. especially not for stores that just aren't going to have two locations in 2 miles in a city like Denver (Cartier, LV, Tiffany etc.).

With the fill happening slowly along Speer now, Downtown to Cherry Creek is going to look like the same skyline soon enough anyway. Might as well plan/change zoning to accommodate more height in that direction. What we are seeing in CC (the only direction left to go is up) is what we all keep saying/hoping will happen in Downtown after the transit stations near but not at all a part of Union Station and their associated development will eventually force in that area.
100% agree with everything you just said, a direct fixed rail transit line to CC just makes too much sense.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."