View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2014, 11:30 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
I noticed that the base on that twisty thing is particularly ugly. I don't see a reason to maintain historical buildings when they are architecturally a void of nothing when the newbuilding wold have looked far better without it. It just looks wrong, despite the un-politically correct nature of my thoughts. The clash of color and materials is just jarring.
there would be no bldg without the base. developers are supposed to maintain the context of the meatpacking district. morris adjimi is particularly expert at that. i would say give it more of a chance, just wait until its cleaned up and opened before judging. or maybe that wont matter to you, some people just dont care for historical facade saves around new construction and i understand that, it can seem ridiculous. personally, i think this is a great one.

that said, the developer of 860 washington, kitty corner to adjimi's twisty, tore down the meatpacking warehouse and that upcoming mini-tower will be all new build. so you will get your preference just across the street. then soon enough we will be able to directly compare what approach looks better!