View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2019, 2:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will O' Wisp View Post
I was going to just let this die off, but if you want to call me out that that I'll be more blunt. Trying to pressure someone into to saying something they don't want to say is inappropriate in any situation. When a public facing figure says "no comment" or "that's all I'm going to comment", that means they aren't going to say anything further on the subject. If they hang up on you after you continue to press them it's not because you've uncovered some dark secret, it's because you're being rude.

This sort of behavior is why I can't really meet with the public anymore, and that's a real loss because I love sharing what I do with people. I'd rather not see it celebrated here.

staplesla: I appreciate you trying to get info on this project, and getting an official statement for us (such as it is). I wouldn't read you getting hung up on afterwords as anything more than you getting a little overaggressive in your questioning.
Quite frankly, I’m sick and tired of arrogant developers thinking members of the community are too dumb or unimportant to know what’s going on with these projects, and your post epitomizes that arrogance.

I own a condo downtown and it’s not a crime to try and get information about surrounding development in my community.

If anything, I think straplesa was kinder than I would have been after being hung up on for asking perfectly reasonable questions. Manchester gave timelines and now they aren’t meeting them. Hopefully a reporter that’s more persistent and aggressive will go visit the rude woman who said no comment and hung-up and find out the truth so the public can know what’s really up with this major project that has a large impact on our community.

And while they’re at it, they should visit Cisterra and find out what’s up w/ 7th/Market!