View Single Post
Old Posted May 24, 2013, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktko View Post
I don't agree with you on this one Crawford.
Well, we'll agree to disagree, I guess. There's no such thing as "proposed" in a NYC building timeline. A building is either as-of-right (and therefore requires nothing besides filing a permit) or it isn't.

In NYC, there's no obligation for a project to give any public information on any aspect of the project, except for the permit filing itself, so I don't know what you would require for a project. I guess you could only limit buildings to those that have a building permit, but that would eliminate 95% of this section.

I thought the whole point of the Proposed section is to detail potential future construction projects of interest. Certainly, given the location, this is a site to watch. That's why I assume the thread was created, while for most proposed projects, at least in NYC, we will never have threads (because a random side-street tourist hotel, to take one common current example, isn't remotely interesting).

I'm no mod, but if you think the Proposed section is too cluttered, we should get rid of all the crap projects. The random stuff is what makes this section too unwieldy. Also the silly stuff, that everyone knows won't happen (random giant towers by non-name developers in low-demand markets). This site, if it's redeveloped, would likely be one of the most high profile residential projects anywhere, and is a hell of a lot more likely to happen than some of these threads I see in this section.