View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopysheep View Post
this buiding is nice... i actually like the red stripe thing...

however... i live a block away and honestly i don't like the scale... i wish that there was more money in some nice brick ( i know everyone here hates brick ) brownstone type row housing - similar to the ones on the corner of 10th and 13ave...

i know that density is a great thing for the beltline and we really are lucky to have so much going on and i realise the benefits of a strong urban fabric in the core however as a home owner ( yes one of the last actual HOUSES ) in the beltline i am having a difficult time digesting how many buildings are going up...

just in my immediate area is the that Vantage Pointe "thing", Stella Nova Luna, the Kai towers, Aura, Xenex, Emerald Stone, Montana, L/M (god let this one never happen ), the Parry Bros. Site....

and all the buildings look the same... what about some different scale.... townhouses... brownstones... walk ups...

and tearing down all the old homes... i think the last of the homes left in Connaught should be salvaged and restored... there are plenty of empy lots and areas that can be developed ( ie: crappy little strip malls )

ok sorry... rant over...
Which house is it you live in, if you don't mind me asking?
I too echo your thoughts and I think that the Stella, Nova, Luna block is a bit over-kill. There are many empty lots or crap strip malls that could be developed, like you said.