View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2003, 12:00 AM
Posh

They have a tent city in Seattle. The location moves around every so often so that one particular location doesn't start to attract a permanent population of, well, riff-raff - as the neighbors might think.

Last year when I was living in Shoreline I used to catch this one bus all the time and suddenly when I started taking that bus during certain times of the day (like around 7pm) I'd notice an unusually high number of, well, kinda "rugged"-looking people getting on the bus, which got me wondering 'cause the neighborhoods this bus went through didnt have any rough neighborhoods or anything. And I also noticed they all got off at the same stop. After seeing this a few times I looked up at this church parking lot and noticed there were a whole bunch of tents camped up. So then I put 2 and 2 together and figured it out - tent city! After a while the tents went away so I guess they moved it somewhere else.

So maybe if they just keep moving it around it won't be so bad.