View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2008, 3:41 AM
RIP Knut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlyyl View Post
Hey, I'm a Canadian university student in Toronto & I'm really interested in moving to Australia to live in the future (all the beaches, diving, Aussie hotties:nuts:, etc etc etc, and Australian cities look so beautiful!).

My major of study is Medical Radiation Sciences-specialize in diagnostic ultrasonography. I did some research online & it seemed like the salaries they offer in Australia for sonographers are quite high, about 45-65$/hr or 85-125K/yr (, some also provide relocation fees & transportation packages. So is it really like that? (I actually saw an gov't job ad for "sonographer(trainee)", the salary provided was 48k-78k...they actually pay THAT much for a trainee? in Canada, I have to PAY the hospital big bucks to do my clinical practicum...)

Furthermore, in Toronto, if I'm making about 80k CAD$ p.a. (80k CAD=84.5K AUS$. sonographers don't make that much in Canada, starting is 27$+, goes up to 40 and that's it), I would be considered as a mid-middle class earner (50k-60k low-middle class/70-90k mid-middle class/100-1x0k high-middle class), so what's the situation's like in Australia (in big cities like Sydney, Mel, Bis)? I also heard the utilities & cars are more expensive than in Canada, but foods & other commodities are cheaper (b/c in Ontario, they add 14% tax after you buy stuff...), is that true?

I also checked out the real estate market in Sydney online, the houses looked very nice (although small), a lot of them looked like vacation homes:nuts:. My family is also planning to take a vacation next next winter (when it's winter in Canada of course) to Australia.

ps: thank you for your replies :lol:
btw, anybody working in the health care field?

I am an australian guy wanting to move to Canada
so how about you marry me, so i can live in Canada
and you can live in Australia?