View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2012, 6:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
So the rest of the county that voted for Measure R don't deserve to get the best bang for their buck by spending money where the higher ridership is, resulting in higher revenue?

Numbers are numbers. It's that simple.

I believe the contractor was responsible for the delays there.
Just some last comments:

Well, who hired the contractors? It's part of MTA's job to hire good contractors. It's like the army saying we lost the war because we bought bad guns.

Again, if there is a true safety issue, I agree with MTA's position. But then they have to explain why they approved the location and then changed their minds. Otherwise, I am personally netural between the locations, just want to get the project done.

The "numbers" are inventions; "made up". These are not "facts" they are at best predictions or judgements. Judgements coming from parties hired by an interested party are not persuasive in court. The stations are 1 block apart and MTA is on public record asserting there is no economic difference between them.

Blame the NIMBY's, blame the contractors, blame bad drivers, blame dumb pedestrians, blame other departments. Not the sign of a well-run organization. But definitely the sign of someone who is going to attract political or press attention.