View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
I'll take quality over diversity everyday, all day. And besides, we don't need diversity in architecture; we need only good, high quality design and nothing less. And we especially don't need MORE postmodern horse manure polluting our city's landscape.

EDIT

And what do you mean we don't "have much of this style of architecture in this area"???!! Are you fucking kidding me? How about 900 N Michigan? One of the worst buildings in the city. Or that piece of shit on LSD, just east of the museum. Or those horrid apartments on the river just to the south? Or the building just down the street on Grand and LSD? Or the NBC tower? Or the god damn Ritz?! Jesus man... the list of Pomo trash between the river and North is fucking endless.
OK so 900 north Michigan is one and honestly i like that building except for the bigass base, and what building on LSD? there's a lot of them, and i don't think there is any building east of any museum whichever museum you are talking about, and yes River City looks shitty (accidental rhyme ) Grand and LSD looks fine and the NBC tower is more Art-Deco, and i have no problem with the ritz. it seems to me that Post Modern architecture comes in alot of diffrent styles, like Modern, art-deco influence, and so on. i dont get why people trash pomo architecture? not everything in the city can be like 500 LSD or the IBM tower. There are good examples and bad, and so far this one looks good to me.