View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 4:35 AM

Hats off to the Governors Task Force. DBJ's Cathy Proctor has the good coverage HERE.

"Hickenlooper's oil and gas task force advances 9 recommendations"
Quote:
The 21-member group spent most of the day Tuesday at the Colorado Convention Center doing a final review of more than 30 proposals its members submitted.

"I believe a lot of the issues can be avoided by engaging early," said Dan Kelly, vice president of Noble Energy Inc.'s (NYSE: NBL) Wattenberg operations. "I'm excited, worn out, and I think we delivered," Kelly said

Each recommendation needed at least 14 votes, two-thirds of the group, to move forward. Proposals that didn't meet that 14-vote threshold will be included in a minority report to the governor.
I can recall being on an investment blog where conservatives would make fun of anal/liberal Colorado with respect to O&G E&P. But I think they often find a happy medium. It appears that the Governor has ably gotten the opposing sides to work towards common ground. Exploration and production can be a very good economic engine. Colorado's northeastern counties can use the help I'm sure.