View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 2, 2008, 6:09 PM
Is now in Hamilton, eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtown_Hamilton View Post
Welcome to Hamilton omro,

The Hamilton Spectator is a great newspaper and in my humble opinion the best in Canada but just like you I am not a huge fan of the online version especially because of some of the phoney polls they have there where it's easy for any one person to alter the results of just so that they can help sway public opinion on whatever subject matter they are asking you to vote on.

Hamilton is not as open or "gay friendly" as Toronto but if I were in your shoes looking to move here into town I would pick the West-end around Locke Street South as that is the area I grew up in and whenever I take a walk around the area you will find quite a few rainbow coloured flags there.

Don't forget to check out our 80+ waterfalls.
I liked the print form of the Spec, I just think they need to slap their webmaster and redesign it.

Definitely thinking about the West-End, but all depends on house prices at the time when I do sell up. The credit crunch has hit London hard and I've lost thousands on my rental property in the last six months, if I lose more on my own property when I come to sell it, I might have no money to spend on anywhere decent If I'd sold both 6-9 months ago I'd have had a good $100k more to spend. Grrrrrr.

Surely everyone knows that a city only gets "cool" when the gays adopt it

I like waterfalls :-)