View Single Post
Old Posted May 24, 2007, 9:56 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl1 View Post
Not for nothing but I know alot more ppl that use the term 30 Rock rather than the GE. Infact most ppl I know that aren't skyscraper enthusiasts refer to it as 30 rock. All my family members in the local 3 refer to it as 30 rock. I really only first started seeing it commonly called GE on these websites and not for nothing there are alot more ppl that aren't skyscraper enthusiasts that go by addresses rather than names they may get mixed up. It's a big world. Also if I asked most people on the street what they were building down at ground zero it's a 75% chance they will say WTC. In general ppl in this city aren't as nutty about skyscrapers as we are and they outnumber us by many.
Most people will know this tower as the Freedom Tower. Do a google search on the name and see what you come up with. Likewise, do a search on 1 WTC, and see what you come up with. Big differnce. It's the Freedom Tower, has been the Freedom Tower, and will be know by the people as the Freedom Tower. YES, the entire concept is the WTC, and will always be. That much is obvious.

Quote:
What you call the freedom tower WILL be more commonly known as the WORLD TRADE CENTER. I mean unless they put a huge sign on top that says Freedom Tower.
A ridiculous statement. Are you saying only the Freedom Tower alone will be known as the World Trade Center? You must have forgotten the other large office towers rising there. Again, I'll give you the GE Building. We know it's Rockerfeller Center, but the buildings have their own individualities. And what have we been calling 1 Bryant Park? The BofA tower.

It's ridiculous for me to even be having this discussion.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.