View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 2:04 PM

Happy New Year

I got the scoop; A new stand-alone National Bank is going to be built next to the Burger King on St. Peters!

I like the new St. Huberts Express on St. Anne, they should have more across the province!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Haha yes I feel like Smevo on the Sydney area post lol

As for the Sobeys, it should be near the only set of lights in Caraquet, probably somewhere around the Jean Coutu/ Tim's area on Blvd St-Pierre but i'm not too sure. Will be good for that area.

For the Farmers Market, Yes I actually read about it this morning. It had already been proposed in the past but they went trough with it now. I can see people complaining about the parking already but it will add more pedestrian traffic downtown as people will have to park all over the place and walk a little.

Can't wait to see the renders for the new hotel, I predict 2-3 stories which would add nice density to the core. Land should be in the hands of the developper after jan 1st and phase one should start in the spring.
Phase 2, offices and appartments should be completed within the next 3 years.

And for the rest of the north;
Peninsula- Tracadie; Numerous stores rumored, new bypass open and that opened up land. Nothing confirmed but Kent, wal-mart and others are rumored.
Shipaggan- New $4.4 million convention center that should take form next year

Chaleur- Bathurst; St-Anne street is filling up, New medical office, dental and Ford dealership progressing good. 2 new developpment on St-peters street, Old Pro medic location being renovated for something else and the old gas station next to Burger King has been knocked down, and hay is recovering the digging area for an early spring start. Still trying to find out what it will be.

Miramichi- Last time I was in that area(Fall), there was digging on King george Hwy near the mall on the river side, Anyone knows what this is?
As for the new payroll center, the Miramichi mall in Newcastle is rumored to be the spot.

Madawaska- Edmundston; Jean Coutu, Native's commercial Land and Residence jo-din progressing along. Something hush hush would be going on with the lands of the properties that burned last month Downtown and Energie Edmundston now has 3100 more clients!

Clair- As Nadeau poultry lays off 60 workers, Sunnymel who is building a new slaughter house has started to hire 250!

As for Grand falls, Campbellton and other areas, I have no clue