View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2013, 1:16 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Epic beer store rant:

Quote:
First Impression
When you first walk into an Ontario so called "Beer Store", you immediately think that this is not a general beer store. It is a beer store owned by makers of Coors Light and Molson Canadian. Well, you are right. They own it and run it. They are foreigners too. These two beers are owned by Americans and Belgians. Where does Ontario, or even Canada fit in? We don't. We are just forced by our dictatorship politicians from Ontario to buy foreign controled beer. The beer may be brewed here, but the profits of this beer store go out of the country. Now, back to this monopoly store. When you first walk into the store, you are surrounded by beer brewed by Molson/Coors and Labatt. It is everywhere. On the floor, walls and just about every spot has a product by these foreign brewers. Now, where to buy beer? Well, I had to ask. I see people ( sheep ) on the side returning empties on a roller. I can't see what other beer they may sell because everyone is in the way. They do this on purpose so you give up and go buy some bland, yellow lager that is all they sell. To make things go easier, just do what everyone else is doing. Go along the back wall and pick up off the floor, yes off of the floor and go to the cashier who is in the middle of the store. If the line up is full, just put it down on the floor and kick it along until you get to the cashier. Ever heard of Russian bread lines? This reminds me of that. Stay in line, shut up and buy over priced, tasteless, bland, piss yellow lagers and go home. Did you notice the look on peoples faces? A look of doom and gloom. They want beer, love beer but the prices are quite a shock. One rule though. Don't ever, ever ask for a six pack of say Millstreet Tankhouse Ale at 5 o'clock on a Friday afternoon. I did and I pissed off a few piss yellow lager beer customers. Since there is no self serve, they had to go way at the back in the cold room where you are not allowed to go and get your wonderful hoppy six pack of craft beer. Grumblings were everywhere from the piss yellow lager customers as they had to wait their turn. Hey, just sit on your case of beer and shut up. Too bad they changed most of their beer stores from self serve to the old 60's style I remember when I was young with my parents. This is better for them because they don't want you to look at beer that they don't make. That would be wrong. Remember the word monopoly. That is what they have. Competition? Nope. None. If you don't buy your beer here, well screw you. Try to go somewhere else. This is the beer store. You'll be back. I know you can buy beer at the LCBO. They are slowly starting to get a good selection of Ontario Craft Beers, but in smaller communities it is very limited. As you can tell, I am very frustrated by this store. The service is good. Not great, but okay as far as I am concerned. Back when I started to buy beer back in the 70's it was horrible. They were rude, ignorant and just didn't give a shit about their customers. Some stores are still like that that. This blog is just a tip of the iceberg on this absolutely stupid and old fashioned store that makes it very hard to buy craft beer. It is so evident when you go in. Buy our beer? Easy and quick. Buy craft beer? Difficult and slow. I will be adding more on this blog on a regular basis. There is so much wrong about the way we are forced to buy beer in Ontario. This is the biggest reason we are a laughed at from the rest of Canada and especially the US. Later...
Posted by 4 Dog Brewery at 7:45 AM No comments:
http://beerstoresucks.blogspot.ca/

Basically, yes.