View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2015, 11:24 PM

I once lived on the 41st floor. I didn't mind it. The views were amazing and you had all the benefits of a central location without the noise (it just didn't filter up that high). You could open the window and there would be no bugs. I wished I had a balcony, but I have a feeling I'd get a sense of vertigo just staring over the railing.

My problem had more to do with the building. When a condo is a certain height, there are still only a handful of elevators serving those additional floors. You'd have to wait up to 5 minutes for the elevator to get to you, even with dedicated elevators serving the topmost floors. That was a bit of a pain. Also bigger buildings usually have more amenities, which is a double-edged sword. Kind of like when you're a kid, you think you're going to use that indoor pool every day, but you really don't, and maintaining an indoor pool (and the events room, and the movie theatre, and the larger garage) just adds up to a bigger condo fee - even spread among more units as it is.