View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
I knew someone would do this when I didn't mention specific areas because of time constraints.

I was specifically talking about The Gulch, SoBro, Nashville Yards, Capital View, and Midtown.

Look at how each of those areas have multiple buildings when they didn't have anything years ago.

For 30 years Midtown had only one tower now it will have anywhere from 15 to 17 of them.

The city isn't spending money on infrastructure for the River North area for nothing.

The person who purchased the land and is prepping the land is not doing it for nothing.

The developers behind the hotel and apartment highrises are not developing them for no reason.

Maybe River North doesn't get developed. But then again its in Nashville so more likely than not it will.
The areas you have indicated have growth because they are, as I stated, within and along the primary paths where growth in Nashville is most likely to occur. River North is NOT in the areas that I feel will have a great deal of growth. Yes, the developers of River North will get projects and in the near future probably, but that growth will come from its proximity to the existing interstate exit, not due to some grand visions of the developers. Sure, Top Golf and most likely hotels for interstate travelers will eventually infill their site. But a whole new highrise core equal or surpassing downtown as depicted in their grandiose renderings? A pedestrian bridge over the river? Get real. If the Gulch connector bridge is having problems getting built, do you really think that a bridge over the Cumberland has a chance? As an architect, I can drum up great renderings of attractive boxy buildings and plaster it in the news. I know because I have done it. But that doesn't mean that it has a chance in Hell of coming to fruition.
Booming growth in the Gulch is mainly because people want to come there. Capitol View is just part of the Gulch growth and not a separate phenomenon.
If it were practical, it would extend through the railroads beyond it as an extension of 11th in the Gulch. I don't know what you refer to a single tower in 30 years in Midtown though. Midtown stretches from the Broadway/ West End split and has plenty of midrise towers all along West End and has for years. There is nothing magical about the fact that new towers are going to be built taller than the existing ones.