View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2011, 3:04 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMaster
Awesome stuff! I like the arch, is it located between two brick-homes ? Can't tell from the picture.

Love the railroad pictures also. Keep up the goodies!
The arch is from an early electric power station, and it's located between old commercial buildings. Most of those in that area are brick. I'm not sure if that was the original location of the power station, or if the arch was preserved and rebuilt there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
Nice pictures. This part of Toledo looks pretty deserted and run down. Was this an old industrial area or did you find lots of places to look like this?
I'm not a Toledo native or resident, and it's about 100 miles from where I live. I do go there occasionally, though, and look around. Toledo generally is on hard times economically, and this probably is one of the neighborhoods that leans toward the less-prosperous end of the local scale. Toledo does have some first-class cultural and entertainment venues, though. They have a downtown arena and ball park that I've heard are highly regarded by sports fans, and their zoo and art museum are widely recognized for the quality of their collections and displays. I had hoped to get some photos in the the Old West End neighborhood of some of the remaining mansions built by Toledo's industrial barons in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, but the weather became unbearable and I had to cut my trip short.

I have a couple of other sets of Toledo photos here.

Better than ever and always growing: [url=http://www.robertpence.com][b]My Photography Web Site[/b][/url]