View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
A random thought -- but the Bayfront neighborhood where the city will be acting as a master developer technically has no height or density limits. There are recommendations based on low-demand or high-demand, but the report is clear that the final density will be market driven.

The city owns 99 acres of land with no density limits, has bonds of $170 million in needs to pay off, and promises to build thousands of affordable housing units. Hmmm...
I love where your mind is going with this, and I live very close to the development. Of all the plans I've seen, I don't see anything above 15 stories and most 5-10. They want to make it 35% affordable, about 2,500 of the 8,000 units eventually planned... and it makes sense to encourage mixed income neighborhoods instead of segregating housing by neighborhoods. I just don't think they are going to wind up going this way, unless you have more than just an inkling or hunch.

Wanted to add that it's great to see you on, missed our Jersey City briefings by our very own CIA As reported in another Jersey City development related site, am hearing that Mack Cali still intends to start 25 Columbus by the end of the year. Hoping you have some more tidbit and info about this and other projects.