View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjo13 View Post
The Network Coffee house is the problem? What absolute bullshit. I live at 12th/Logan.. so very close. It's not the coffee house. It's the ghetto liquor store on Logan/Colfax that is ground zero for nonsense on Colfax. Throw a healthy dose of McDonalds and you have a hell of a combustible mix.

It sucks. I go out of my way to avoid Colfax from Logan -> Clarkson.
Well I think there are two different issues at play – those that arise from the homeless population in the neighborhood, and those that arise from the gang banger drug dealers. The liquor store on Logan, the 7-11 on pearl, the McDonalds etc. are all very emblematic of the drug dealing issue. The direct spillover from the drugdealing is violence and shootings.
The Network House is more related to the homeless issue. It draws the homeless population deeper into a neighborhood that doesn’t have a lot of services (compared to say, ballpark district) and almost no overnight services. The network house kicks the homeless out at 10 (or whatever time) and they end up running down to Colfax to buy crack, shoot up in peoples yards, poop in the streets, sleep on porches, and generally trash neighborhoods. While I think the overall aim and mission of the network house is good, it is very poorly executed and does little to solve the homelessness problem.