View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-215 View Post
I'm not opposed to the $180m "lane gain" on I-15... however...

They are really running out of right of way, now. I think that's about it. Other than the collector system between 90th and I-215, there really aren't many more capacity projects that can be added to SLCo I-15 north of Bangerter. Perhaps carpool connectors between I-15 and other freeways when those freeways add carpool lanes.

The bigger question for me is, what is the price tag on double-tracking Frontrunner to 100%? Allowing 15 minute service during rush hour would be a big boost to ridership and help address some of the north-south capacity need. Heaven knows I looooooove driving on I-15, but I also looooooove riding Frontrunner. I just don't like the 30-minute headways.

FrontRunner does need to be double tracked and so does the HOV lane. The HOV lane as it stands is not a significant enough incentive to carpool. If we want to change behavior we have to create that incentive. Yes it may choke single occupant vehicles a bit more but right now they are choking everything including the HOV lane.