View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
Which historic communities are you worried about? One of the advantages of this routing is there are so few compared to other ROWs. Along the abandoned ROW I only see the following:
  • Tweed,
  • Kaladar, and
  • Sharbot Lake

At Sharbot Lake and Tweed, the plan is to have stations there, so the trains will be slow.
At Kaladar, the line is relatively close to the highway, and very few (one?) places would be isolated by it.

Besides, we are talking about HFR not HSR, so the trains will only have a top speed somewhere between 160 and 200 km/h.

I am not sure why you think grade separation at ON-41 (or ON-12) will be so difficult. There is lots of room on either side of the highway to change the elevation of the future rails. ON-30 is more of an issue with the rail yard nearby, but it isn't impossible.
I don't think just adjusting the grade of the railway is nearly as practical a solution as you do.

Typically, the grade of the railway is pretty much fixed, ant it's the roadway that needs to be adjusted. Trains have a much harder time with grades than cars and trucks do.