View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 11:39 AM

According to Mason there are no design plans, no actual drawings, nothing that would actually be used for things like, y'know, a budget. So right now, this is just smoke and mirrors, another example of the federal Libs announcing some pre-election plums in a desperate attempt to win another term in office. Then of course if that happens they still can suddenly announce some unexpected downturn in the financial position and defer or cancel the whole thing.

These changes are long, long overdue and I hope something close to what is announced actually goes ahead - though they can leave out the bike lanes if they want to save money. But I cannot help be struck by the cynical vote-buying ploy. I suspect it will not help Andy Fillmore's chances much, especially since just a few months back he was braying about the need to get rid of the container pier entirely. And you know that Mason and others will be taking credit for this too when the municipal elections come along next year. Hopefully voters will have been paying attention to the ongoing debacles that are HRM politics and throw the bums out.