View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 2:06 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsgrant View Post
Oppurtunities to build the skyline come along so infrequently that Center City has to take advantage. This was one of those oppurtunities to grow the skyline eastward. Jefferson smurfed out on us and so do Penn in this case. Throw an extra 10 stories of office,residential or spec so that skyline grows.

From the Loews to St James Tower there is a 1/2 mile long gap that desperately needs height. 2 oppurtunities down the drain with Jeff(9th St) + Penn Medical(8th ST). If Philly still had the vision of the late 80's 90's skyscraper boom then they would have demanded the extra height to put a stamp on the skyline.

2 very disappointing projects imo.
Jefferson still has a few more buildings coming soon... an Ambulatory Care Center and a Research Lab building should be coming to the 900 block of Sansom and 9th/Chestnut. The old Master Plan from years ago put a pretty big building there, but that's probably a pipe dream now. I only know this because I overheard some guys from Jeff talking about it while waiting for my sandwich at Primo hoagie.

There's also the possibility that the Walnut Street Theatre Tower or something like it could get built on the 800 block of walnut. Don't count on it. The only other thing I can think of is if/when Market East is renewed the possibility of towers over the Gallery and a tower at 8th/Market will become more realistic.