View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 6:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyEdge View Post
So far the impression I'm getting from their websites, in a nutshell:

Margot Aftergood:
"It is wrong to change the character of our neighbourhoods to higher density without first securing the support of the community"

Brent Alexander:
"We need to do a better job prioritizing expenditures. Residents want frivolous spending to stop."

"We need to make decisions based on evidence and competent planning. Residents want rational, evidence-based decisions that will improve the quality of life for all of our communities."

Dean Brawn
“Eliminate additional business taxes.”

"Negotiate a win-win agreement for the City and the International Olympic Committee (IOC)"

"The City must also return to lower business taxes to incentivize franchises like the Flames to invest and expand in Calgary. "

"Dean supports a term limits for municipal politicians. He intends to serve for a maximum of two terms."

"Dean is firm in opposing the current plan to relocate the residents of Midfield Park on September 30, 2017."

"Like so many decisions in council, the City has taken many decisions on bike lanes following a top-down approach. Countless business owners and residents of Ward 7 and Calgary have been negatively affected, in terms of traffic and parking difficulties, by the construction of bike lanes without proper consultation"

Marek Hejduk

"ACCOUNTABILITY AND COMMON SENSE"
- complains about the peace bridge
- thinks driver education and bike licensing > bike lanes

"SECONDARY SUITES IN THE CITY"
- proposes a separate body to approve/regulate secondary suites and airbnb to keep those from wasting council meeting time

"OLYMPIC BID"
- "for now we should let the Olympic bid lie until we are all financially and emotionally prepared for it."

"RE-EXAMINE THE FLUORIDE ISSUE"
- "Calgarians know that removing fluoride has put our children and our seniors at risk regardless of their socio economic background."

Druh Farrell

"Vibrant, Healthy Neighbourhoods"

"Safe Streets"

"Smart Development"

"Complete Flood Mitigation"

"Economic Resiliency"

"The Tough Questions - Megaprojects must provide financial accountability. The Olympics or sports arenas are highly profitable businesses that often transfer financial risks to citizens. Druh will continue to ask tough questions around debt and tax impacts, risk versus reward, and public benefit of such projects."

Anything in quotes are directly lifted from their websites.
--------------------

So Margot seems like the Nimby candidate
Brent seems kind of like a Greg Clark, fiscally aware but somewhat progressive
Dean is the conservative candidate
Marek is... kind of random, feels more like a 'these are my 4 personal concerns' platform than a vision.
Druh is the pro-innercity, pro-densification candidate

I think in my mind after that quick browse it's between Druh and Brent for me.
Does anyone do any polling for ward races?
Which of those was endorsed by Jay Westman?