View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 6:19 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I know the top is mostly empty or with huge floors but even then ~1400' to a roof with >70 floors is not common. 1WTC is nearly that high and has like 85 real floors. Most Asian office skyscrapers of this height have ~90 floors. Manhattan west towers at 995' will have 69.

It doesn't really matter, maybe it's just because I'm a skyscraper/engineering nerd that I even care at all. It's just impressive to have a nice floor count in a building, not that I can complain or anything, it's a gorgeous ~1500 foot structure smack in midtown
Manhattan isn't in Asia, in case you are not aware. I'm talking New York office towers because that's where this is located. And you look at the large office towers rising in the city of similar height, they are all closer in actual floor numbers to this one, WTC towers included.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.