View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 6:04 AM

^ That would be my guess, though they just recently (2-3 months ago) landscaped that pad. I'd probably prefer it be the hotel that had been planned, but the article is obviously focused on commercial development. Either way, it'll be nice to see two of those Mill+Rio Salado corners fill up now that the Mill is about to get some use. My company moved out of Hayden Ferry Lakeside about a year ago, unfortunately- I would have loved to have watched the area transform a bit from a deadzone to an extension of the main stretch of Mill.

Assuming the news will be related to Hayden Ferry seeing as the event will be held there? Otherwise, I'd cross my fingers that somehow the old Mosaic lot would be getting something other than the parking lot and 1-story grocery store that's being "planned."

Downtown Tempe probably doesn't need anything the height of West Sixth right now, but I'd love to see some 12-15 story buildings go up nearby to balance it out and give some depth to the skyline. The Veterans Way tower should help, as would anything that broke away from the blue glass theme.