View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkid View Post
That first picture gave me chills with the towers and the train rushing by.
Well yes, I actually kinda like that people mover thing. Although I read it was quite outdated in urban environments today, since light rail has been so much in the trend, I think it still might be helpful in particular conditions, and not only in airports. Excuse my butt but of course, I'm thinking about la Défense here again... You know, that highrise cluster built upon that huge post-war concrete slab in Paris, which too many over here still fiercely dislike. That exclusively pedestrian slab is so large that they're thinking about some project to help people in crossing it faster. So I read their idea was some cable cars so far, and I've been skeptical about it. I'd rather see something like that people mover hung over the slab and its too large pedestrian spaces; I'm sure that would fit it very well by running between the highrises, but I'm clueless about the costs. I assume some cable thing like what you see in ski resorts would be cheaper, otherwise they could consider this thing to redevelop the slab more seriously and make it finally more attractive to locals somehow.

Oh, good thread by the way, I like your scenes. People are like sorry or scared about Detroit, that's funny. I'm not worried about it.